MERCHANTS’ COFFEE HOUSE
Inspiring conversations for 660 years
Meet and enjoy delicious, locally sourced food and drink in the medieval guildhall, home of York’s Merchant Adventurers past and present.
Open to all, come and meet friends, family and colleagues for delicious food and drink in the inspiring setting of our medieval guildhall, or relax outside in our beautiful walled garden in fine weather.
Enjoy locally roasted coffee, freshly baked sumptuous cakes and snacks inspired by tales from over 660 years of York’s trading past.
The Merchants’ Coffee House closes at 1.00pm on most Saturdays to allow for weddings taking place at the Merchant Adventurers’ Hall. On those days we aren’t able to serve breakfasts or lunches but hot and cold drinks plus cakes and snacks will still be available.
Smaller portions of all our breakfasts and lunches are available for children.
Please contact us for allergy information.
Sunday Breakfasts – £9.75
Served all day with toast & butter and your choice of black or white coffee or a pot of Yorkshire Tea.
Merchants’ Breakfast: Masham pork sausages, Bury black pudding, smoked bacon, eggs your way (scrambled, poached or fried), baked beans, mushrooms & grilled tomato.
Veggie Breakfast: Vegetarian sausages, potato rosti, eggs your way (scrambled, poached or fried), baked beans, mushrooms & grilled tomato.
Available between 10.00am and 11.30am on weekdays. All served on bloomer bread with a choice of tomato & chilli chutney, tomato ketchup or brown sauce
- Dry cured bacon sandwich
- Masham pork sausage sandwich.
- Veggie sausage sandwich.
- Chicken & vegetable casserole served in a large Yorkshire Pudding with roast potatoes
- Yorkshire Rarebit made with York Brewery Beer & Henderson’s Relish, served with fresh salad & tomato chutney
- Quiche of the Day served with fresh salad and coleslaw
- Soup of the Day with crusty bread
All served on a white bloomer with salad and crisps
- Egg & mayonnaise
- Cheddar cheese and Yorkshire chutney
- Bacon, brie & cranberry
Freshly baked and served with salad
- Cheddar cheese
- Baked beans & cheddar cheese
- Tuna mayonnaise & sweetcorn
- Chilli con carne or vegetable chilli
Cakes & Snacks
- Cheese scone with chutney
- Freshly baked scone with jam and clotted cream
- Earl Grey Tea Cake
- Yorkshire fruitcake and crumbly cheese
- Carrot cake
- Lemon drizzle cake
- Fruity flapjack
- Date and oat slice
- Rocky road crunch bar
- Adventurers’ shortbread
- Caffe Latte
- Flat White
- Hot Chocolate available with cream and marshmallows
- Pot of Yorkshire Tea
- Pot of Speciality Tea (Earl Grey, Peppermint, Lemon & Orange, Blackberry & Raspberry, Chamomile)
- Sparkling Elderflower
- Dandelion & Burdock
- Rose Lemonade
- Ginger Beer
- Coca Cola / Diet Coke
- Apple Juice
- Orange Juice
- Cranberry Juice
- Sparkling Water
- Still Water
- Red, White or Rose Wine
- York Gin with Yorkshire Tonic
- York Gin Roman Fruits with Yorkshire Tonic
- York Brewery Guzzler
- The Great Yorkshire Brewery Lager
- The Great Yorkshire Brewery Cider