MERCHANTS’ COFFEE HOUSE
Inspiring conversations for 660 years
Meet and enjoy delicious, locally sourced food and drink in the medieval guildhall, home of York’s Merchant Adventurers past and present.
Welcome to the Merchants’ Coffee House! Serving delicious food and drink in the medieval guildhall home of York’s Merchant Adventurers.
- Ploughmans’ Lunch: Pork pie, sliced tractor ham, cheddar cheese & blue cheese served with Yorkshire Ale chutney, pickled onion, apple, celery and a chunk of bloomer with bread & butter.
- Chicken & Bacon Salad: Salad bowl topped with roast chicken, hot crispy bacon, olive oil & thyme croutons and a honey & mustard dressing.
- Quiche of the Day: Served with salad, coleslaw and warm new potatoes
- Homemade Soup of the Day: Served with crusty bread (v)
- Sandwiches: All served on a white or harvester bloomer with a side salad and crisps
- Egg Mayonnaise
- Cheese and Yorkshire chutney
- Ham and wholegrain mustard mayonnaise
- Tuna Mayonnaise & Sweetcorn
- Prawns in a Marie Rose sauce
Cakes & Snacks
- Freshly baked scone with jam and clotted cream
- Cheese scone with chutney
- Cranberry Teacake
- Carrot cake (gf)
- Lemon drizzle cake (vg)
- Fruity flapjack (vg)
- Bakewell Tart
- Adventurers’ shortbread
Cream Tea: Home made fruit scone, jam and clotted cream with your choice of an Americano or Tea.
- Caffe Latte
- Flat White
- Hot Chocolate available with cream and marshmallows
- Yorkshire Tea
- Speciality Tea (Earl Grey, Peppermint, Lemon & Orange, Blackberry & Raspberry, Chamomile)
Soya or oat milk and decaffeinated tea and coffee are available.
- Sparkling Elderflower
- Dandelion & Burdock
- Rose Lemonade
- Coca Cola / Diet Coke
- Apple Juice
- Orange Juice
- Sparkling Water
- Still Water
- Red, white or rose wine
- York Gin & Tonic
- York Roman Fruits Gin & Tonic
- York Brewery Terrier
- Great Yorkshire Brewery Lager
- Great Yorkshire Brewery Cider