MERCHANTS’ COFFEE HOUSE
Inspiring conversations for 660 years
Meet and enjoy delicious, locally sourced food and drink in the medieval guildhall, home of York’s Merchant Adventurers past and present.
The Merchants’ Coffee House will open every day from Monday 3rd August in the Hall gardens. We look forward to welcoming you to enjoy locally roasted coffee, freshly baked cakes and snacks in the inspiring setting of our beautiful walled garden.
During August we will be taking part in the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme where you will get a 50% discount on all food and non-alcoholic drinks from Monday to Wednesday.
We have worked hard on making sure we provide a safe experience for you and for your our staff and have put some measures in place on social distancing, safety and health & hygiene. To read these click our Merchants’ Coffee House Safety and Social Distancing Guidelines
The Hall will reopen on Tuesday 11th August 2020 for pre-booked guided tours on Tuesdays, Saturdays & Sundays at 11.00am and 2.00pm. For more information see out visit page.
- Yorkshire Ploughman’s Lunch: A popular summer plate with all your favourites including dry cured ham, pork pie, Yorkshire Creamery red cheese, Yorkshire cheddar cheese, apple, Yorkshire chutney and served with chunky bread and butter.
- Mediterranean Salad: A fresh summery salad including feta cheese, roasted vegetable couscous with a hint of chilli, olives, roasted red peppers, fresh salad and a mustard dressing.
All served on a white bloomer with salad and crisps
- Egg & mayonnaise
- Cheddar cheese and Yorkshire chutney
- Ham and mustard mayonnaise
Cakes & Snacks
Freshly baked scone with jam and clotted cream
Lemon drizzle cake
Rocky road crunch bar
Cream Tea: Home made fruit scone, jam and clotted cream with your choice of an Americano or Tea. Make it super indulgent with a glass of prosecco!
- Caffe Latte
- Flat White
- Hot Chocolate available with cream and marshmallows
- Yorkshire Tea
- Speciality Tea (Earl Grey, Peppermint, Lemon & Orange, Blackberry & Raspberry, Chamomile)
- Sparkling Elderflower
- Dandelion & Burdock
- Rose Lemonade
- Coca Cola / Diet Coke
- Apple Juice
- Orange Juice
- Sparkling Water
- Still Water
- Red, White or Rose Wine
- York Gin with Yorkshire Tonic
- York Gin Roman Fruits with Yorkshire Tonic
- York Brewery Terrier
- The Great Yorkshire Brewery Lager
- The Great Yorkshire Brewery Cider