MERCHANTS’ COFFEE HOUSE
Inspiring conversations for 660 years
Meet and enjoy delicious, locally sourced food and drink in the medieval guildhall, home of York’s Merchant Adventurers past and present.
The Merchants’ Coffee House will reopen on Thursday 9th July in the Hall gardens. We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy locally roasted coffee, freshly baked cakes and snacks in the inspiring setting of our beautiful walled garden.
We have worked hard on making sure we provide a safe experience for you and for your our staff and have put some measures in place on social distancing, safety and health & hygiene. To read these click our Merchants’ Coffee House Safety and Social Distancing Guidelines
We are working hard on preparing the Hall to open and we hope to welcome visitors back soon.
- Yorkshire Ploughman’s Lunch: A popular summer plate with all your favourites including dry cured ham, pork pie, Wensleydale cheese, cheddar cheese, apple, Yorkshire chutney and served with chunky bread and butter.
- Mediterranean Salad: A fresh summery salad including feta cheese, roasted vegetable couscous, olives, roasted red peppers, fresh salad and a mustard dressing.
All served on a white bloomer with salad and crisps
- Egg & mayonnaise
- Cheddar cheese and Yorkshire chutney
- Ham, salad and mustard mayonnaise
Cakes & Snacks
Freshly baked scone with jam and clotted cream
Lemon drizzle cake
Rocky road crunch bar
Cream Tea: Home made fruit scone, jam and clotted cream with your choice of an Americano or Tea. Make it super indulgent with a glass of prosecco!
- Caffe Latte
- Flat White
- Hot Chocolate available with cream and marshmallows
- Pot of Yorkshire Tea
- Pot of Speciality Tea (Earl Grey, Peppermint, Lemon & Orange, Blackberry & Raspberry, Chamomile)
- Sparkling Elderflower
- Dandelion & Burdock
- Rose Lemonade
- Ginger Beer
- Coca Cola / Diet Coke
- Apple Juice
- Orange Juice
- Sparkling Water
- Still Water
- Red, White or Rose Wine
- York Gin with Yorkshire Tonic
- York Gin Roman Fruits with Yorkshire Tonic
- York Brewery Guzzler
- The Great Yorkshire Brewery Lager