MERCHANTS’ COFFEE HOUSE
Inspiring conversations for 660 years
Meet and enjoy delicious, locally sourced food and drink in the medieval guildhall, home of York’s Merchant Adventurers past and present.
Welcome back to the Merchants’ Coffee House, now open inside the Hall as well as serving in the Hall gardens. Enjoy locally roasted coffee, light lunches, freshly baked cakes and snacks in the inspiring setting of our Medieval hall.
*Due to current restrictions, customers wishing to sit indoors must be from the same household. Up to 6 people from different households may use our outside seating area.*
We have worked hard on making sure we provide a safe experience for you and for your our staff and have put some measures in place on social distancing, safety and health & hygiene. To read these click our Customer Guidelines – Merchants’ Coffee House
- Yorkshire Rarebit: Made with York brewery beer & Henderson’s relish on locally baked bread, topped with melted cheese. Served with a salad and a tomato & chilli chutney (v)
- Yorkshire Ploughman’s Lunch: A popular all year round plate with all your favourites including dry cured ham, pork pie, Yorkshire Creamery red cheese, Yorkshire cheddar cheese, apple, Yorkshire chutney and served with chunky bread and butter.
- Homemade Soup of the Day: Served with toasted bread (v)
- Soup & Sandwich: Our homemade soup served with half of one of our delicious freshly prepared sandwiches.
All served on a white bloomer with salad and crisps
- Egg & mayonnaise
- Cheddar cheese and Yorkshire chutney
- Ham and mustard mayonnaise
Cakes & Snacks
Freshly baked scone with jam and clotted cream
Lemon drizzle cake
Rocky road crunch bar
Cream Tea: Home made fruit scone, jam and clotted cream with your choice of an Americano or Tea. Make it super indulgent with a glass of prosecco!
Tea and a Traybake: A choice of either our home made fruity flapjack or Rocky road with a tea or an Americano.
- Caffe Latte
- Flat White
- Hot Chocolate available with cream and marshmallows
- Yorkshire Tea
- Speciality Tea (Earl Grey, Peppermint, Lemon & Orange, Blackberry & Raspberry, Chamomile)
- Sparkling Elderflower
- Dandelion & Burdock
- Rose Lemonade
- Coca Cola / Diet Coke
- Apple Juice
- Orange Juice
- Sparkling Water
- Still Water
- Red, White or Rose Wine
- York Gin with Yorkshire Tonic
- York Gin Roman Fruits with Yorkshire Tonic
- York Brewery Terrier
- York Brewery Guzzler
- The Great Yorkshire Brewery Cider