MERCHANTS’ COFFEE HOUSE
Inspiring conversations for 660 years
Meet and enjoy delicious, locally sourced food and drink in the medieval guildhall, home of York’s Merchant Adventurers past and present.
Merchants’ Coffee House Closed on Saturday 8th May
Due to the inclement weather forecast on Saturday 8th May, the Merchants’ Coffee House will be closed. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
The Merchants’ Coffee House is open in the Hall’s garden from Monday 12th April and will be open from 10.00am to 4.00pm every day (the garden and Coffee House will be closed if the weather forecast is for rain all day).
Unlike previous occasions and in line with Government guidance, the Coffee House will be operating a table service. More details will follow prior to reopening. Please read our Customer Guidelines below for more information.
We have worked hard on making sure we provide a safe experience for you and for your our staff and have put some measures in place on social distancing, safety and health & hygiene. To read these click our Customer Guidelines – Merchants’ Coffee House
Brew and a Breakfast Sandwich: Your choice of unsmoked back bacon or sausages in a tasty bread roll. Served with tea or Americano Coffee.
*Served until midday*
- Yorkshire Ploughman’s Lunch: A popular all year round plate with all your favourites including dry cured ham, pork pie, Yorkshire Creamery red cheese, Yorkshire cheddar cheese, apple, Yorkshire chutney and served with chunky bread and butter.
- Homemade Soup of the Day: Served with a bread roll (v)
- Quiche of the Day: Served with salad and coleslaw (v)
All served on a white bloomer with salad and crisps
- Egg & mayonnaise
- Cheddar cheese and Yorkshire chutney
- Ham and mustard mayonnaise
Cakes & Snacks
- Freshly baked scone with jam and clotted cream
- Cranberry Teacake
- Carrot cake (gf)
- Lemon drizzle cake (vg)
- Fruity flapjack (vg)
- Rocky road crunch bar
- Adventurers’ shortbread
Cream Tea: Home made fruit scone, jam and clotted cream with your choice of an Americano or Tea.
- Caffe Latte
- Flat White
- Hot Chocolate available with cream and marshmallows
- Yorkshire Tea
- Speciality Tea (Earl Grey, Peppermint, Lemon & Orange, Blackberry & Raspberry, Chamomile)
Soya or oat milk and decaffeinated tea and coffee are available.
- Sparkling Elderflower
- Dandelion & Burdock
- Rose Lemonade
- Coca Cola / Diet Coke
- Apple Juice
- Orange Juice
- Sparkling Water
- Still Water
- Red, white or rose wine
- York Gin & Tonic
- York Roman Fruits Gin & Tonic
- York Brewery Terrier
- Great Yorkshire Brewery Lager
- Great Yorkshire Brewery Cider